Thursday, April 12, 2012

It Girl - Feature in FASHION Magazine

In February I was contacted by FASHION Magazine about being a part of their monthly magazine feature, "It Girl". I was selected to be May's gal, and not only was I flattered by the reach out, but thrilled that this feature is making its way across Canada and focusing on ladies of all regions and not solely those within the larger cities. After a whirlwhind of interview questions, hair & makeup appointments, photographer & location scheduling, and tries at putting together the outfit, we ended up with this shoot. I was lucky enough to work with Kandise again (we worked together here), as she always makes me feel pretty & effortless. That and she laughs (very sincerely!) at my jokes - always a plus.

I had just watched the Dolce & Gabbana 2013 Fall/Winter runway show, and found myself awe inspired by the sharply rich florals, perfectly placed ornate head pieces, and form fitting silhouettes. Being on a budget, I put together something reminiscent of the runway that stayed ready-to-wear and representative of my day-to-day style. The ladies at FASHION Magazine wanted bright & fun florals with a twist, and being eager for Spring days, I was thrilled to put this look together for the feature.

The magazine is out this month if you fancy a gander, and it's soon to be online as well. Thank you for this amazing opportunity FASHION Magazine!





Shoes: Boutique 9 "Jazzalyn" / Dress & Tights: H&M / Clutch & Necklace: Vintage / Bag: Michael Kors "Hamilton" / Headbands: J. Crew & ASOS / Iphone Case: Marc by Marc Jacobs

All images taken by the most lovely Kandise Brown of hibou photo.

Hair: Blonde Inc. / Makeup: Emily Brown of Made You Blush (both Fredericton, NB)

19 comments:

Natasha Fatah said...

What a fantastic opportunity hon!
Congratulations and good for you!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Amy (whatimlovinglatey) said...

Congratulations! I love how you mixed the headbands btw. Have a wonderful day :)

Kandise said...

<3<3<3

Krystin Lee said...

Congrats girl - you totally deserved it!
xo Krystin
suburbanfauxpas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! You look absolutely radiant and I LOVE the outfit & accessories you chose <3 They definitely got the right girl for it - can't wait to see it in the magazine!!

Marie a la Mode said...

Congratulations!! How exciting! I love the floral dress you chose : )

this free bird said...

Congrats! Superb pictures and I just love the dress on you.

Ashley, Lions Lace Lattes said...

Congratulations! This is so cool! My friend Kara with the It girl a couple issues back. :)

I love the outfit you put together and really like your headband and phone case! Congrats again. You definitely deserve it.

xo Ashley

Kastles said...

yay! So exciting! And I love the look! Floral print all the way!Can't wait to read the magazine!
<3 Kastles

Courtney Erin said...

that's really exciting - and you look totally stunning (love the dress)!

Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

brynn said...

Congratulations Kristin! This is so exciting. I will definitely pick up a copy to check out this feature. I absolutely love the outfit you chose. Well done!

Linlicious-style.nl said...

congratz!!

love the photo's!

follow me? i follow you!
xoxo linlicious-style.nl

ALLAROUNDEVE said...

Oh yes. Welcome your new devoted follower, milady.
EAK

Alicia Lund said...

Huge congrats on this feature ... you look SO adorable in these pics! Love the floral dress. x

Kate said...

My best pal is a superstar! Such an amazing feature and you chose the PERFECT outfit for this shoot - that dress is smokin' on you, you completely rock it! Love love. xoxo.

Jess said...

The close-up of you is stunning! What a doll :) Huge congrats!

Veronika Novotny said...

A BIG congrats to you... these photos & dress are absolutely stunning and I love the tights/shoes you are rocking with it, SO pretty!! xo

Rebecca Jane said...

Was so exciting to hear about this and also to see it in person when I picked up my copy of this month's Fashion. So well deserved, and you looked lovely!

GALaxy said...

I found your blog via Fashion magazine, and I had to come snoop you out because you have the EXACT same name as I do! It's funny when I find that. Especially since Kristin is usually always spelled with an '-en'. Very nice blog and lovely outfit. I wish I could be so brave!

Post a Comment